Dapoxetine (Priligy) pills for premature ejaculation
Dapoxetine is one of the most effective medicines available at this time that is intended to increase the duration of sexual intercourse. Dapoxetine is also known as Priligy in the USA and UK.
Dapoxetine belongs to a group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRi) that work to block the action of specific areas of the brain responsible for ejaculation. As a result, a man can control his orgasm and prolong ejaculation.
Indications and Dosage
Dapoxetine is intended to be taken for the prevention and treatment of premature ejaculation in men aged between 18 years and 64 years.
Dapoxetine (Priligy) produced in the form of tablets at doses of 30 mg, 60 mg, and 90 mg. The recommended daily dosage of the medication is 30 mg. In the case of an insufficient effect, the dose can be increased up to 60 mg.
How long does dapoxetine last
The action of Dapoxetine begins within 30 minutes to 50 minutes after intake, depending on the characteristics of the body. The effect lasts for two hours to three hours, then weakens gradually.
Side effects of Dapoxetine are rare and can range from light to mild in nature. Adverse effects are highly dependent on the dosage of the drug taken and occur in less than 10% of cases. The most common side effects include sleep problems, loss of strength, light dizziness, stuffy nose, tinnitus, and diarrhea.
The most typical reaction of the body is nausea, which occurs in 11% and 22% of cases (at doses of 30 mg and 60 mg). In addition, the drug may cause minor psychological disorders (e.g., anxiety, agitation). The complete list of side effects is contained in the instructions for the medication.
Dapoxetine is not recommended in the cases of poor tolerability or immunity to the active or any auxiliary substance contained in the drug; lactose intolerance; heart failure and/or any other diseases of the cardiovascular system; and liver or kidney dysfunction.
Compatibility with fatty foods and alcohol
Like many other drugs, it is not recommended that alcohol be consumed while taking Dapoxetine. Ethanol can significantly impact the effectiveness of the drug; its effect may occur with reduced potency, much later than specified in the instructions, or not at all.
If the percentage of fat in a meal does not exceed 30%, then it does not affect the quality of the drug. However, if the food consumed is very fatty, then the effectiveness of the drug may be reduced.
In the course of clinical trials, the patient’s condition was assessed after exceeding the recommended daily dosage of the drug by four times. No complications or symptoms were found. However, doctors did warn that an overdose is possible, especially in men older than 50 years or in the presence of kidney or liver diseases.
Medicines containing Dapoxetine should be carefully combined with:
- MAO inhibitors. Simultaneous administration is contraindicated due to the high risk of disorders of the central nervous system. Severe fever and/or muscle disorders can gradually develop and cause multiple organ failure.
- Thioridazine, which belongs to the group of neuroleptics. Dapoxetine enhances its effect, which adversely affects the work of the myocardium.
- Drugs that affect the synthesis and metabolism of serotonin. These medicines include narcotic analgesics and inhibitors of reverse serotonin uptake. Taking dapoxetine with these drugs significantly increases the risk of complications associated with the production of serotonin.
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole, and other drugs used to treat patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus. When combined with dapoxetine, these medications increase the bioavailability of Priligy, which may lead to the development of overdose symptoms.
- Calcium channel blockers and antibiotics from the group of macrolides. The simultaneous use of the dose of Priligy should be reduced to the minimum possible.
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (PDE5) drugs: Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Kamagra. The dosage of dapoxetine in combination with these medications should not exceed 30 mg.